A 45-year-old fat man trying to find his inner skinny dude.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Things I like about eating better and getting thinner

I like finding out that a shirt I hate is a good shirt. I just hated that it didn't fit.

I like traveling on a plane and not asking for a seatbelt extender. Similarly, I like figuring out that I take up less space (say, on a bench) than I thought I would.

I like not being too full when it's time for bed.

I like seeing how clothes fit better and then get too big. Even my watch band!

I like getting looks from women out in the world. (I'm delighted with my wife and this is not about stepping out. But it's nice to be noticed in a good way.)

I like the way my legs and ankles look. (Weird, right?)

I like the fast recovery from the exertion of going up stairs (or anything else).

I like it when movement becomes less of a chore.

I like feeling as though I'm in touch with my body.

I like feeling as though I'm in control. Over the food, at least.

I like getting into old clothes. I REALLY like getting new clothes.

I like seeing my jaw.

I like feeling like I'm taking care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment